"On the Edge of a New Energy Frontier"
at the Hyatt Regency, Crystal City
September 25 - 27, 2011
Hosted by The Geological Society of Washington
Download: Informative Flyer (PDF)
Call for Papers:
Abstract Deadline: April 4, 2011
Call for Papers (PDF)
Abstract Submission Instructions (PDF)
Please consider giving a paper at our upcoming meeting, September 25-27, 2011 in Washington, D.C.
- Share your knowledge and experience, and learn from others.
- Join in our pre- and post-meeting field trips and workshops.
- Invest in professional development and collegiality while meeting with your fellow AAPG Eastern Section members.
- Visit with exhibitors, promote your business, and enjoy social gatherings.
We have plenty of space in our program to fill out our proposed Theme Sessions:
- Eastern Shale Gas
- Conjugate Margins
- Energy and Policy Issues in the Eastern U.S.
- Carbonate Sedimentology, Stratigraphy and Diagenesis
- Coal and Coalbed Gas
- E3—Energy, Economy, and Environment
- Carbon Sequestration
- Decision Support Systems for Energy Resource Managers and Policy Makers
- Thermal History of Eastern Basins
- Atlantic OCS and State Waters
- New Ideas in Old Rocks
2010 Eastern Section AAPG Meeting
Preservance—the Pipeline to Prosperity
September 25 - 29, 2010
2009 Eastern Section AAPG Meeting
Forging the Future from the Past
September 20 - 22, 2009
AAPG-SPE 2008 Eastern Meeting
Appalachia: Unconventional Since 1859
October 11-15, 2008
2007 Eastern Section AAPG Meeting
Winning the Energy Trifecta: Explore, Develop, Sustain
September 16-18, 2007
2006 Eastern Section AAPG Meeting
"New Concepts for Old Basins"
(in conjunction with the New York State Geological Association)
October 8-11, 2006,
Original Program with Abstracts (PDF, 1.72 MB)
2005 Eastern Section AAPG Meeting
"Mountains of Opportunity"
September 18-20, 2005
Original Program with Abstracts (PDF, 826 KB)
2004 Eastern Section AAPG Meeting
"Still Economic After All These Years"
October 3-6, 2004
Original Program with Abstracts (PDF, 1.82 MB)